1) Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) Mizoram is an independent Department headed by an officer of the Indian Police Service (IPS) of Inspector General (IG) rank with extensive experience in anti-corruption work. The post is titled “Director – ACB”. The Director ACB has financial powers of Head of Department. The Director ACB, Mr. Dingluaia, MPS reports to the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO), Mrs. Renu Sharma, IAS who is also the Chief Secretary of Mizoram. The Chief Minister of Mizoram is the Minister in-charge.
2) The Anti-Corruption Bureau, Mizoram is located and functions from Mizoram New Capital Complex, Khatla, Aizawl
3) The Director is assisted by 1 (One) Superintendent of Police (SP), 1 (One) Addl. Superintendent of Police (ASP), 1 (One) Legal Officer, 3 (Three) Deputy Superintendents of Police, 8 (Eight) Inspectors of Police (Group B Gazetted), 8 (Eight) Sub-Inspector of Police, 4 (Four) Asst.Sub-Inspector of Police, 5 (Five) Head Constable of Police, 23 (Twenty Three) Constable of Police, 9 (Nine) Driver, 1 (One) Dy.SP (Steno Grade -I), 1 (One) Inspector (Ministerial) (Group B Gazetted), 6 (Six) Sub-Inspector (Ministerial), 1 (One) Sub-Inspector (Steno), 6 (Six) Asst.Sub-Inspector(Ministerial) and 5 (Five) IV Grade with total sanction strength of 84 staff.
DETAILS OF OC AND I.O / E.O:
|1||SP cum OC||Lalsanglura, MPS|
|2||Addl. SP cum I/O||B. Laldingngheta, MPS|
|3||Legal Adviser||Enneth Lallrinsangi, MLS|
|4||DSP (Hqrs) cum I/O||Zosangliana, MPS|
|5||DSP (Logistic) cum I/O||B. Lalnghakliana, MPS|
|6||DSP (CB) cum I/O||R. Lalnunmawia, MPS|
|7||Inspector cum I/O||Joseph Lalremmawia|
|8||Inspector cum I/O||Jerry Lalrinsanga|
|9||Inspector cum I/O||C. Zonunmawia|
|Inspector cum I/O||George Hmingthanzauva Chinzah|
4) The entire staff of the Bureau drawn from Police Department are treated as deputationists, getting special duty allowance of Rs.500/- in a lump sum per month. However, Govt. of Mizoram, Finance Deptt with a view to encourage and attract professionals to work in ACB issued notification No.G.1402/1/2010-FIN (PRU)-pt dt.2.2.2011 in pursuance of the decision of Council of Ministers held on 20.12.2010 to grant Special Incentive Allowances to Police personnel on deputation to ACB @ 15% of basic pay with immediate effect and all Police personnel posted in ACB are entitled to get the special incentive. This comes into effect adopting the resolution made in the 17th CBI & State Anti-Corruption Bureaux Bienniel Conference held in New Delhi in 2009 wherein, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India graced the function.
5) ACB Manual 2012 is now approved by the Government which is framed in line with CBI Manual. Recruitment Rules of ACB is also prepared and is now lying with the Government for consideration.
6) ACB is exempted under the purview of RTI Act, except on matters pertaining to the allegations of corruption and Human Rights violation vide Government of Mizoram, I & PR Department Notification No.F.13011/16/2005-IPR Dt.4.10.2012.
7) ACB has been allotted a land in New Capital Complex, Aizawl by the Government and Administrative Approval sanctioning Rs 4.55 Crore to construct ACB Office building with Expenditure Sanction of Rs 30,00,000/- is already accorded Vide PWD Department Order No. No.D.21020/1/2006-GAD/Pt Dt.9.8.2012. Building drawings has been prepared by the Architect, PWD and approved by Director, ACB to make the final estimate, followed by Tender and Construction of the building by the end of this year. All this positive outcome is due to the present government’s keen initiative to combat the menace of corruption.
8) The Inspectors posted in the Anti-Corruption Bureau have been authorized to investigate offences under Section 17 of the Prevention of Corruption Act vide Govt. of Mizoram,Vigilance Department Notification No. A.11016/1/2009-VIG/pt dt.19.8.2010. Hence, doubt arising whether Inspector posted in ACB can investigate or not has been clarified.